2151 | ELSK® LØNNERUP MEN'S KNIT | BLACK/BLUE
50% Merino Wool 50% Organic Cotton
Designed & Knitted in Denmark
What to wear when cold? We’ve got the answer to that; Merino wool blended with cotton. Merino wool is a lot softer and thinner than other kinds of wool, which makes it possible for us to make classic, ageless products that fit everyone.
Organic Cotton (natural fiber)
The reason we use organic cotton instead of conventional cotton is quite simple; It’s better for you and for the planet. Of course the farming and process requires more knowledge and observation, and is far more expensive and complicated than the production of conventional cotton, but opposite conventional cotton that uses roughly 7% of the worlds pesticides and 16% of the worlds insecticides, organic cotton uses none!
- 71% less water is used in the production compared to conventional cotton
- No toxic chemicals used on the field where the cotton grows
- The cotton-farmers aren’t exposed to any kind of chemicals
- It’s better for the planet and for you
- It’s more expensive compared to production of conventional cotton
- It still needs a lot of water to grow the cotton
Merino Wool (natural fiber)
We use Merino wool because it’s softer and thinner than conventional wool. It’s a very absorbent textile, and does not absorb sweat odor. It even keeps you warm if it’s wet.
The biggest part of Merino wool is produced in Australia. When using Merino wool you have to make sure that no mulesing has taken place. In most countries this is now illegal, but you still see this happening in some parts of Australia. Mulesing is a procedure in which a 5-7 cm wide slice of skin is cut from each side of the sheep’s buttock area without pain relief to allegedly eliminate flystrike.
- Softer and thinner than regular wool
- Doesn’t absorb sweat odor
- Warms when wet
- Temperature regulating
- Animal cruelty issues
S, M, L, XL